Oh good lawd THEY ARE EVERYWHERE!!!!!
THESE FREAKIN BOOTS ARE FREAKIN ALL OVER THE PLACE! No Lie. TRUE STORY. I have lost count as to how many times I have seen this boot. I have yet to ever see anything close this year when to comes to these things. I was on the bus just 4 days ago and, including myself, there were 5 pairs. 3 of the ones pictured above and 2 of the seamless ones (that is the one I wear).
There isn’t a day that goes by that I do not see these boots. Nike hit the jackpot with this one. Not only the highschoolers are wearing them (copy kats), the college set are wearing them and adults of all ages are wearing them. These shoes are a BIG HIT amongst the Police, UPS, Fed Ex, Security Guards, Construction Workers, Sanitation and MTA workers due to the fact that they are stupid comfortable. When you are on your feet all day doing whatever, you need something that really works well while at the same time fills the job requirements. Your feet hurt, you got corns growing, you hammer toe that didn’t bother you before you started working, now does… man you need something that has some cushioning while it actually will protect your foot against glass, gravel, rocks and other such junk.
These boots do the job. My feet are doing better and I am sure other people will agree that this is better than the Timbo workboot or the Sears work shoe.
A few things Nike could do to just take over the planet with these boots:
- Actually state that the rubber is non-slip on oils and such and that it can protect you from hazards such as electrocution (like other work boots do)
- Make a OSHA approved steel toe version.
- Make a non-visible air version (for those who worry about puncturing the air pillows)
- STOP fronting on the fact that people have widths and orthopedic needs… if New Balance can do it, so can you.
- Would a Nike Shock version work for this? (Undecided on how that would look or how popular that would be)
- Nike Air Max 360 version??? lol
- Much like Timberlan did a collaberation with NYC Police and NYCT, maybe a Goamdome version with a NYC subway map on it.
Yes Nike, I know; these are not work boots. They are marketed toward the casual wearer. That’s fine… but I will bet you that a version that is more work boot like will also take over NYC.
Even with my criticisms, the Nike Air Goadome using full Air Max cushioning works so freakin well that it is literally the boot that has taken over NYC. I can say with many assurances that I will see this boot at least 10 times tomorrow AT LEAST. Not even the Air Jordan Aquas had so much penetration.